View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #19
BlueDevil3169
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, G05

I had some confusion with the P button as well. have to park very close to the wall in the front - an inch or so, every time all works perfectly as i use the rear camera and a parking line in the back as a reference line. The only trick is not to use auto hold function due to proximity to the walls - when you wouldn't want to bet on your swiftness changing your foot position from gas pedal to the brake one.

In addition, i also struggled with the side mirrors' position to use them efficiently either on highways or in thr city and the garage, etc.

In fine, i solved all the issues. i found out by accident that my seating position was too high. i lowered the seat considerably - still the hood is visible. i was able to adjust side mirrors to see well the back sides of the car and traffick lines as well as cars on the adjacent lanes very well in the back allowing only for a small slack for blind spots. then, seating relatively low in the driver's seat I changed the position of my wrist automatically because the forearm is now positioned not semi vertically, but almost horizontally when the wrist is resting on the shift stick/crystal ball.

so now i hold that ball as if i held a coffee cup with the right thumb embracing the shift crystal ball on the left side and rest of the fingures on the right. once i stopped the car i just use my thumb to push the P button with no effort, the wrist/fingers are positioned vertically. all is naturally working without efforts to retrain your muscle memory. tbough in the beginning (my second month using g05) i struggled to find that P button that was in F15. so, now i'm fully satisfied, no compromises in height as well - before it was crazy high (i'm 6 feet in height and had an inch from the ceiling). however, i miss the option on F15 when i could blindly pull the P handbrake and the car would switch from D to P automatically. now it doesnt work.
Appreciate 0