View Single Post
      02-07-2021, 08:05 AM   #40
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

A pseudo-audiophile myself, really enjoying fine music, I debated for a while whether to go with the HK or B&W. I completely agree that any vehicle, no matter how well designed, is a poor listening room for audio. The small cockpit size, the primary listener placed so far forward and to the side, away from the sweet spot. Lots of flat surfaces, lots of energy-reflective glass. Compromised outside sound isolation.

But, I'm not getting my car audio for critical listening. I have my high end theater and listening room at home for that, with kick-ass gear. In the end, I decided this car for me is special, a high-end investment that I'm going to be keeping for a long time, and so I'm going with the B&W in my X7 that's about to be delivered.

I think it's important to manage expectations. It's not critical listening for me. It's just creating the best sound is my vehicle while I drive. So I'm happily looking forward to it.

(plus... I don't think any of us want to admit it, but the B&W does look so cool in the G05 and G07, especially at night)
Appreciate 1
thereef5101169.00