Thread: Key problem
View Single Post
      07-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
kenazaki
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 2001 E39 535i MSp

A week ago had my local BMW dealer fit an electric tow hitch as I need to toe a small Motorcycle trailer. I have been having a few electrical problems . I E when getting out of the car you hear this rapid click noise from the doors which stops when you put the keys back into the car or walk a little further away from the car also when trying to turn on the ignition you nearly always have to hold the keys next to the steering column as you get the message up on the dash saying no remote close. Then last night I had a call from my tracker company saying there it a theft alert on your car which was sat in my garage. After speaking to them they said there was a mains power drop so I plugged in a trickle charger which I checked this morning and it showed the battery was fully charged. A few hours later I had another alert from the tracker and after speaking to them again they said you have had a power drain but it is showing the battery is back at 13v. I then tried to start the car and after having to hold the key next to the column again I had the message that there was a massive battery discharge if problem carries on call you service dealer. I called the dealer I brought the car from and asked if the previous owner had any problems, he said no and while I was talking to him he said he was looking on a bimmer forum site and it looks like a few people have had problems with battery discharge after having an after market toe bar fitted. Something to do with the wires from the toe bar not being fitted where they should have been. I have had a look on the site but can't seem to find any thing about this problem. I have call my BMW dealer and the car is booked to go back to them in just over a weeks time. Any advice about this problem will be handy when I take it back to them.

Last edited by kenazaki; 07-04-2017 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 0