View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilio View Post
Mystro, where do you feel better when sitting in Cayenne or in X5?
I can just compare bmw 6 grancoupe and panamera and sitting and driving porsche is one level higher for me? The quality of both cars is exellent but in porsche I feel somehow better, it gives me more positive emotion.

I was originally decided for new x5, but because of repeated delay in delivery 4 months) I started to look around its competitors. The only competitor for me is Cayenne, so I am looking for someone who has experience with both cars?
My friend, who is car dealer mainly of supersport cars recommends me definitelly Cayenne over x5.
Hands down the X5 with merino leather seats feels much more “special” than the Cayenne. The X5 properly equipped is more high end feeling in its materials used. It doesn’t feel like BMW is holding anything back with the X5.
I also think the X5 properly equipped handles better and will put down a better number in the skid pad than the Cayenne. With what we see from the GLE, the Cayenne is the only competition for the X5 as both are designed for a sporting ride. The X5 50i M-Sport with its big V8TT gives it a huge advantage in sound and low end torque over the Cayenne S. The exhaust sound alone of the 50i gives it a alpha dog presence that confirms every time you start it. I get the same kind of charge as I do with my C4S when hearing it rev. I believe it will satisfy that “x” factor you are looking for.

Here is how I view the Cayenne and X5 in the grand scheme of euro SUV’s. The BMW X5 is really the original German SUV that was designed to ride like a sports sedan. They are the inventor of the category and still the king at what it is. BMW is a master in the sport sedan world and extending that finesse to their SUV. It’s a natural progression for BMW to be good with both.
The Cayenne was really more of a answer to what BMW did with the X5. BMW doesn’t hold back in the design and evolution of the class they invented. Porsche on the other hand is a sports car company that holds the 911 as their grail vehicle. In the Porsche world the technology and performance is always targeted to the 911 and then the other vehicles under it are more of a tier 2 level within the brand. The Cayman/Boxster will never ever be let to evolve as good as they can be if it challenges the 911. This has been said many times on shows like the older Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson. He put it in a very easy way to understand when testing the Cayman when he said that he couldn’t live with a vehicle that will always be held back to a second tier level within the brand. As good as it is, it will never be allowed to live up to its full potential. The Cayenne feels this way to me. It’s like Porsche is supplying a vehicle to compete in a segment it really doesn’t have any history with and not what they do best. ”The BMW X5 is like going to a world class steak restaurant and ordering their best steak. The Cayman feels like you are going to a world class steak restaurant and ordering the fish.”

Look at the level of details and materials used from the seat controls, lighted aluminum sills to the dead pedal. It’s as upscale as you can get.

Last edited by MystroX5; 04-17-2019 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
Forrera24.50