View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 10:20 PM   #1
Vatreni_
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

X5 vs XC90 when will 2022 details be available

I'm cross-shopping the X5 40i (prem enhanced, air suspension and third row) vs XC90 (T8 recharge inscription).

I test drove the XC90 a couple days ago and it was nice, but boring. The seats were comfortable, very little outside noise, great interior space, but the driving experience was well below my expectations for the price point. I felt no sales pressure and the dealer was up front about all current promotions and no deposit required (MY2021).

I test drove an X5 40i today. The ride was noticeably sportier. The steering wheel, acceleration, braking were all better than the XC90. The screen, hud, and technology options also seemed to be much more advanced.

When it came down to discussing figures for leasing the X5, I was told that I could put a deposit down secure a spot on the list for a factory order, but there are currently no details on leasing for MY2022 yet. I didn't feel comfortable doing this on the spot and walked away. I want the X5, but it felt weird to put a deposit without even being able to negotiate the figures. When the rep plugged in the amounts in his computer he only offered 2.5% off MSRP and wasn't able to show monthly lease amounts due to the lack of residual value figures and interest rates from BMW Finance. I get the X5 is in demand and there are supply shortages, but I just couldn't bring myself to put a several thousand dollar deposit down, without knowing the actual total cost and monthly lease figures.

Does anyone know when those figures will be available? I was told in Aug.
Appreciate 0