View Single Post
      06-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I’m curious what type of wax or paint sealant people use and the results they get?

I use to use Meguiars and Groits, but I’ve been using Chemical Guys recently (Jet Seal and their Carnuba Wax). Chemical Guys Jet Seal is probably the easiest to apply/use, and it does look nice after the initial application, but it doesn’t seem to last very long.

I’ve been thinking about trying these products:

Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, 16 fl. oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AGELUJE..._Zbp8EbW587Z2C

Chemical Guys WAC22916 HydroSlick SiO2 Ceramic Coating HyperWax https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V25MZHV..._rcp8EbVCDT8XQ

What do you guys use? Anyone try any of the above?
I used Jetseal for a bit, but realized there is just better stuff on the market. There was no depth to the shine and it just looked like plastic to me. For Carnubas, I have used everything under the sun. LOL! I like Dodo Juice the best, but the longevity is awful. Only for a garage queen.

I have tried the CG SiO2. It looks good and slick in the beginning, but the durability is not near what other SiO2 offer. I am starting to think CG is not what they claim. Read the SiO2 description it sounds like a cheerleader session. Stuff like... we are the best and no one has ever done this and we have revolutionized the market stuff. The odd thing is they say that about every product.

I am currently using CQ UK 3.0 and after 2 months it looks like the day I applied it. The hydrophobic properties haven't changed and they are cool to see. Zero marring or micro-marring. I used it on the wheels too and it lowered the brake dust accumulation notably. Thus far, I am super pleased. If I get the 18 months of protection they say, this will be a no-brainer for reapplication on my truck
Appreciate 2
Frenetic477.50
themnmd1687.00