Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
I'm not, you have to be aware, this is an exceptional case and probably not related to the car being a hybrid.
BMW will for sure investigate this.
Worst case they will have to issue a recall to fix the issue and delay deliveries. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I’m getting my car checked tomorrow for this issue. The issue isn’t really related to hybrid parts or anything but what is true is that a hybrid keeps on burning once it catches fire and that definitely woke me up. My car is now banned from the garage that is connected to the house... the trust is gone that it would never catch fire.
I agree to keep your 45e out of the garage until the cause of the fire is determined and you have more assurance this won't be a measurable risk to other cars. That said, large LiOn batteries are a fire risk, certainly the types in production today. That may change with some modern advances rumored to be on the way.

If you don't already have fire detection in your garage, install it. All cars are a fire risk and I wouldn't sleep well unless I had heat, smoke and CO detection and alerting.