Rep
Drives: Dinan M4, Z4, X5, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipSauls View Post
So there is finally a new X5 to replace the E70? The F-whatever was just a super-LCI. Not a bad vehicle, but hardly worthy of a new model designation.

I test drove an E70 a few years ago and couldn't wait to hand it back. It could have been the particular tires on the car I drove or the suspension, but the ride was harsh and horrible. I felt like Barney Rubble driving a Flintstone car with stone tires. We then rented a F15 for a week when we were on vacation. What an improvement in ride. Night and day difference. Granted, it could have been the diffence in the suspension and tires on those two particular vehilces, but I hated the E70 and loved the F15. So maybe the the F15 was more than a LCI. Anyone have a similar exerience between the two?
had the opposite. I have an e70 lci with the 20 inch wheels and admit the ride can be a bit rough. however I would not trade that over the more vague steering and somewhat less precise suspension of the f15s that I have driven.

I have one big gripe with both f15 and e70 and that is the driveline lag that is infuriating. press the gas and one Mississippi two Mississippi before it catapults. it seems to be only on or off especially when starting from a standstill.
I did not get this in the x50 trims. this will be the first thing I will look for in the g05 with the b58 engine.
Get a Sprint Booster, it will take the lag out of the accelerator.