View Single Post
      06-18-2023, 09:24 PM   #7
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

I had a similar issue on an e92 M3. I knew there was a problem when I couldn’t pull past a Chrysler Sebring convertible on a freeway onramp. It turned out to he the differential. They changed out the fluid and it got much better.

This X5M does seem a little slower than my previous 2018 X5M and 2012 also. For example, today I had a lot of trouble pulling away from a Kia minivan that was riding my bumper, and the M felt like it was really struggling. It could be various factors…I was not in M mode and I was in the lowest transmission setting, but the power seemed low (I did not have the boost gauge pulled up, but will try that tomorrow). I just got it serviced last week, but it feels about 100hp short. I know that M5 test results have been very variable, so maybe the engine is very sensitive to how it’s being driven and is prone to cutting boost if you’re driving too conservatively. My wife drives it most days and she drives pretty slowly.

Another factor is that my daily driver is a Tesla Model S Plaid which throws off my sense of speed for other cars. In the Tesla, if you punch it, you’re a 1/4 mile ahead of the car behind you before they can even change lanes. So it could be normal, but I’m just adjusted to the Tesla.
Appreciate 0