View Single Post
      04-20-2021, 07:14 PM   #89
leehocrx
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45E

Smile So far i love this X5 45e

I have had my 2021 X5 45e since march 8th. Had to drive it home from a dealer that was approximately 100 miles away with no battery charge to start with. They never charged the battery when i had taken delivery. Since then i now have a little over 500 miles on it, with approx 60% of my original tankful of fuel remaining. I am now averaging over 67 miles per gallon and i usually only drive shorter distances and leave the vehicle in "hybrid mode". I have solar installed on the house and recharge the batteries during the day, so my cost to recharge is basically..zero. (my panels have enough capacity to also handle the X5 charging too).
I have played around with the "sport setting" and it now feels like a totally different vehicle. Excellent acceleration and handling. For the most part, i leave it in hybrid.
For me...it feels like the best of both worlds...excellent mileage and when you want to have some fun with it....push a button

Well put together, extremely comfortable..roof has not flown off!! Everything fits together well and i get at least 35 miles on battery or even up to 40. Yes i live in Arizona, so that helps!!
Appreciate 2