Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
On my 2200 mile road trip, I would turn the music off while my wife drove just to listen for any noises. I can’t even tolerate my luggage rattling. The only noise I found was when my kids put their USB C adapter in the rear armrest and it rattled around against the plastic lining. I had them put it in one of the rubber lined pockets under the rear climate controls. I am going to put down a black felt lining inside the rear armrest when it warms up. Trunk privacy shades always make noise and have to be removed ASAP at the time of deliverer. I won’t even stow the privacy shade in the vehicle under the rear floor just in-case it rattles.
I lined the storage area with more felt, no rattles from it at all when stowed. I recommend buying some on Amazon it helps with tons of things
What all did you exactly lined in storage area?

The dealer's technician drove the car just now and agrees that is where the rattle is coming from. The suspect the spring of the cargo cover push button is loose. They will replace that entire unit on right side. They've ordered from factory in SC and will let me know when it's here.
Appreciate 0