03-26-2024, 02:41 AM   #43
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC | '20 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrik View Post
Glad you are okay man. I recoiled a few times watching that video while thinking about my 21’ F95. I have my dash cam muted but now I might want to unmute it after watching this. Hope none of us have to deal with this but it’s so wild on them streets. And I probably would have wanted to swerve too but you likely did the Jetta in front a favor for real.

This reminds me of when one of my own Infiniti brethren almost ran me off the road on a two lane, dark highway in NJ. All I remember seeing is the illuminated Infiniti logo similar to mine on the front grille swerving around a car in the left lane and coming straight for me. It all happened so fast but I managed to gun it and the 400 hp V6 got the hell out of the way as I swerved left in front of the Volvo I hoped wasn’t there. Took me another 2.5 years before getting a front and rear camera.
Yikes! Sounds like that could have easily been a life changing event! Glad it wasn’t!

Funnily enough, about unmuting the camera… I swore like a sailor when I got hit. I shared the footage with the Jetta owner at the scene and later after calming down a bit I realized said video was likely going to be psssed around to insurance and various people etc.. so I sent him the video you see now, which is censored

But yes! Dash cams FTW. This reminds me that I need to find a all-in-one front and rear for the wife’s z4..