View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #54
Projax65
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
I’m going through a similar dilemma at the moment after specking our 2020 G05.

However, I’m torn between a 40i, 30d and 40d (I’ll get to that part).

I can spec the same car with a 40i and 30d and roughly come out about the same monthlies. The 30d is a great car, no doubt, but I just feel it lacks a bit of punch and pace. I’ve just come from a RR Sport and it’s quick for a huge car. The 30d doesn’t seem as nippy. I looked at 30d remaps but it’s not my preferred route.

The 40i appealed to me as it has a bit more bhp for spirited driving, but the mpg I’m likely to achieve for my type of commute will be terrible.

I was originally torn between the 40i and 30d, but there’s a new option in the mix...the 40d.

As I’m speccing for a June delivery, the engine choices show the 40d as an option for £2500 extra. However, I risk the chance it won’t be here for June, meaning the supplementary Tech Pack on my current build could become an additional £2k as that’s predicated on a pre July delivery date. The build slots are still TBC so it’s hard to know when they are likely to be delivered.

Should I roll the dice on the 40d? Settle on the 30d? Or go for the 40i and suck up the petrol costs?

Any help, opinion or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
MP

I have the same dilemma, but on balance I am going for the 40d. It's never certain and things can change, but normally a manufacturer has a similar amount they spend on 'Marketing Programs' they just slice it a bit differently in each quarter. They sometime put more against certain vehicles in some quarters but the current offer £1000 FDA and free tech pack isn't particularly aggressive and more 'normal'. My view is if I order and miss June there is likely to be something similar, not guaranteed I know but I can't imagine would lose the whole lot... Fingers crossed... I am ordering next week..
Appreciate 0