02-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Well, in a few isolated situations, it is. Going by the numbers, the GT500 is about 225 miles per "reacharge", using it's average mpg. Using the highway average for the entire tank, it only increases to 288. This is partially due to a tiny fuel tank that they put on the mustang, no doubt to keep the weight down, but not really big enough to give the platform the flexibility it needs IMO. These situations are usually far and few between though and unless you are frequenting real remote areas, such as in Nevada, Utah, etc., it's really not an issue 99% of the time.
I ride a 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate. 6.9 gal fuel capacity and 32 MPG. I've been all over the US on it, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, etc., and never had an issue. And I ride it in mostly rural areas when touring.

If I got an EV for my daily, I'd have range anxiety every day between late November and late April. To try and even equate ICE range anxiety (because you didn't take the few minutes to top off the tank) to EV is a effing joke.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50