Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Are you UK based?

I do probably 10k miles a year with a real mix of driving. Traffic, town and city, motorway...

I've always doubted petrol engines in cars this size just due to the effort the engine needs to exert to move it.

Is the 40i really that good?
Yes UK based and I'm with you on doubting petrol in a 2000kg vehicle! I held off for almost a year as I really wanted a 40d as I was super impressed with that engine in my F15. But in the end I had to change and the 30d just seemed a little low on the power side (although in real world situations the 30d seems close to the 40d) but more importantly I guess I thought it was time to see how petrol performs and I was keen to move to a smoother more refined power plant.

I do about 12K miles a year and I'm now about 5K on the clock and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I do a lot of urban driving but also lots of motorway and longer trips and while the fuel economy isn't as good as the 40d previously I'm more than happy to pay the premium, which is a little offset by lower £per litre of petrol over diesel.

Performance wise now it's run in I'm putting my foot down a fair bit and I'm really impressed, in sport plus and gearbox in sport it's so responsive I have to restrain myself
Hmmmm, is I'm really questioning my 30d choice.

What sort of real world mpg are you getting? What does a tank cost and what sort of miles you getting?

It's a bizarre one as I would have the hybrid 45e but the monthlies just don't allow for it. The miles I'll get from electric just won't offset the additional costs I reckon.

I'm worried that our government apply drastic measures on diesels, before finally applying these to petrols. That being said, it's hard to see 3 months out, never mind 4 years.
Appreciate 0