02-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #25
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Subaru's appeal goes far, far, far beyond the safety-focused tree-hugger archetype that someone mentioned earlier. The rally- and tuner-based subgenre that (still) maintains the WRX/STi market is a tiny fraction of Subaru's niche.

Spend any time in a hilly and/or mountainous part of the U.S. or Canada, and that'll reveal its true market: capable, reliable, functional, utilitarian, easily maintain-able year-round transportation. 'Soccer moms' in Colorado, Oregon, Washington state, upstate New York, Vermont/NH, Maine, and the like don't drive Mazdas -- or BMWs, for that matter. They drive Subarus.
+1 I agree with Viffermike.

It also doesn't hurt their sales that they are advertising like crazy. I constantly see Subaru commercials on TV. My wife bought a new and still owns a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek with CVT. We have had zero issues with it. Oh wait, I had to replace a head light bulb once. lol But seriously, they are reasonably priced, rock solid in the snow and relatively safe vehicles. Subaru has lacked the higher end luxury and tech of other brands, but I think they are finally realizing it as there newest models seem to be trying to fluff up the interiors and add more tech. And Subaru has a very loyal following.
Appreciate 0