02-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #26
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
Yes, these capabilities are used to the limit when these cars are driven to the grocery stores or to schools. Truth is, a lot of these capabilities are never used and probably don’t exist anymore. What I don’t like about Subaru is what they sold this notion to masses that awd=safety. You get a lot of morons driving these vehicles thinking they are invincible, and I’m not talking about wrx or the sti. Honestly, I kind of feel good when I hear about recent manufacturing defects Subaru had. They grew and made a lot of money by misinforming consumers and using their relative ignorance of safe driving practices.
Fact: 4WD is inherently safer than two-wheel drive for the average driver. There's no such thing as too much traction. So I call BS because, for the lot of humans that drive, AWD does, in fact, equal safety because it gives control in situations where two drive wheels likely wouldn't have it.

As for the morons you mention ... I haven't seen it, and I've driven all over this continent and am really, really good at profiling make-model tendencies. If anything, Subaru drivers are generally among the most aware and predictable.

Finally: 4WD Forester > 2WD Jeep. All. Day. Long.

:: drops mic ::
Appreciate 0