View Single Post
      01-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #11
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
First, thanks everyone for your input. I was just about to pull the trigger and order the KW HAS kit until I read this post. Now I am on the fence again. I never even considered what the impact of using progressive springs vs linear springs would be on the car. What are the benefits of progessive springs? I assume there are some or else KW would not have gone that route for our cars. Also, wouldn't the reason why KW has not published the spring rates is because it varies (progressive) and is not static (linear)?

On a positive note, I have now ruled out H&R...but now have added Swift into the mix.
I would read the following thread to learn more about swift and the benefits of linear springs, and specifically the last post which contains an email response I got from swift

Progressive springs are a bandaid fix to soften up the ride from lowering the car too much and overloading the shocks since they do not work in an efficient range when lowered too much. swift has a, still not ideal, much better solution using linear springs.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1054041&page=5