03-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #68
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
I took my vehicle back in on March 10th for the same annoying, frequent creaking sound. I heard back from the dealer today, two days later. Their communication to me below.

"Good morning, M****e here. BMW engineering was out here yesterday to inspect your vehicle. They have confirmed the same noise. This information was reported back to headquarters in New Jersey, and we are waiting for BWM to report back to us with the next move."

I do believe the dealer is doing what they can within their power, but even though problem has been escalated to the highest levels, there is no resolve in sight. I am considering requesting a new vehicle as my 2020 M50i has been at the dealer for a total of 41 days so far.

Any constructive thoughts?
You may want to look into the Michigan Lemon Law so you will know what your options are. Here's the link --> https://www.lemonlaw.com/michigan-le...questions.html

You'll see this on the landing page.. .. "If your car is in the shop 30 days or more in the first 12 months or in the express warranty period (whichever comes first), consecutive or not, we can file a claim under the Law."

I don't know how bad or annoying the creaking sound is or even if its structural which might totally fail at some point down the road but just the fact that you have been without your car for that long would certainly prompt me to take action.
Appreciate 1
radmjk241.50