Rep
Drives: BMW X5M - F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Bandit View Post
Quote:
3 days of paint correction + 2 coats of ceramic coating... 22" winters now on... ready for the snow!
Hi Martin,

Can you give us feedback? Response on snow? Rain....
Honestly ... drive has been great... snow, rain, dry... these reps are wider wheels, more aggressive offset, staggered and no issues at all. Not for anything, I think most folks assume these specs are less favourable (vs lower sized wheel, square setup for winter) but I think it's more to rationalize not spending more money on the setup, on-going cost, as you can't rotate (as it costs potentially 30-40% more), but when you're already dropping this amount of money on a car, the incremental cost of $1-2k for a 22" winter setup (vs 19-21") is nominal and I'm not seeing a decline in winter performance. To each their own, but I love the look and wouldn't want to compromise the look of the car for 5 months of the year.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Bandit View Post
Quote:
3 days of paint correction + 2 coats of ceramic coating... 22" winters now on... ready for the snow!
Hi Martin,

Can you give us feedback? Response on snow? Rain....
Honestly ... drive has been great... snow, rain, dry... these reps are wider wheels, more aggressive offset, staggered and no issues at all. Not for anything, I think most folks assume these specs are less favourable (vs lower sized wheel, square setup for winter) but I think it's more to rationalize not spending more money on the setup, on-going cost, as you can't rotate (as it costs potentially 30-40% more), but when you're already dropping this amount of money on a car, the incremental cost of $1-2k for a 22" winter setup (vs 19-21") is nominal and I'm not seeing a decline in winter performance. To each their own, but I love the look and wouldn't want to compromise the look of the car for 5 months of the year.
Thanks for feedback. Agrre with you regarding look. I will ordere the same....😃
2007 X5 E53 3.0d M-Sport, 2010 X5 E70 3.0d M-Sport, 2014 X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport, 2020 X5 xDrive 3.0d M-Sport
Appreciate 0