08-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lair12 View Post
Thanks. I updated the original post with more info...X5 xDrive 40i x-line. My plan was to just get the X6 sDrive until this came into consideration. I've got an sDrive X3 4-cylinder with plenty of power for me. My alternative is to get it's X4 clone, but the X6 luxury seats are phenomenal for my wife's bad shoulder.
Thanks for the update. If the you test drove the X5 xDrive40i with standard suspension or if it was equipped with air suspension, either in COMFORT driving mode, then I could see how it would be a soft in damping. As I mentioned in my previous post, you can "tighten" the ride and steering by enable SPORT driving mode.

Optioning either Adaptive M or DHP with Adaptive M Pro will provide you a much more sportier ride and comfort when needed. What you gain with DHP is reduction in body roll via electronic active roll stabilization plus M rear differential for increased traction and integral active rear wheel steering.

Ja, luxury seating in X5/6/7 is one the reasons I stick with the larger BMW platforms. Definitely opt for luxury seating in Merino - you're wife will be very happy.

Appreciate 0