10-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #28
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
Hi Guys,

I am trying to match M Sport Mineral White exterior and dark aluminum mesh trim with either black or coffee extended merino. Can’t compare at the local dealers and finding it difficult to decide. Could you please help with following questions?

Q: With the extended merino leather and without the ventilated seat option do we still get perforated leather?

Q: I hear massage seat option gives very subtle massage. Since merino is softer than Vernasca leather would the massage functions be felt better with Merino?

Q: Ventilated seat option in F15 made the seat harder. Is it still the case with G05?

Q: Since sensatech leatherette dash is standard and I hear it looks good, does it still make sense to order leather dash?
Coffee is darker so it's ok (the other brown is a bit too much; I think it's the orange tinge). I ordered black primarily cuz my daughter is filthy (current BMW is ivory and even after cleaning... yikes). That said, a secondary reason we went with black is if you pick coffee, you've essentially got 3 colors going on. Yes, it brightens up the interior a little, but we thought it was just too many colors going on. You can always pick one of the glossy wood trims to add some color to the black interior (we went with the Poplar matte even tho it blends with the black interior).

As an American, I'm in the majority that seems to prefer softer seats. A major reason why we're selling the X3 so soon for the X5 is because we can't stand the hard Vernasca seats. We've had a BMW before, but it had leatherette (early version of Sensa-Tec) and thought the leather would soften up over time. Nope. In our opinion, BMW leather is hot garbage. Leather feels too hard and cheap and the seats are too firm. We special ordered because the Merino is finally hits the "acceptable" range of softness.

However, I prefer harder massages. My parents have a massage chair. One of those several thousand dollar ones. My sis is a physical therapist. Whenever I visit, I always use the chair or make my sister work on my back. The massaging chairs are nothing like that. Think more of the airplane instructions to shift around in your seat and stand up to keep blood flowing. It's more to adjust your muscles and allow blood flow to keep moving than it is a massage.

The ventilated seats aren't hard. I was hyper aware of that when test driving the car. I immediately ruled out the Audi Q5 b/c I wanted the sports seats, but with the ventilated sports seats on it, a wood church pew feels like a pillow compared to it. I don't know how Audi managed to make a chair feel harder than solid wood. The BMW ventilated seats (at least in the X5) still feel soft and plush.

I wouldn't order the leather dash if possible. Sensa-Tec feels softer than Vernasca and is easier to take care of.
Appreciate 1