Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill View Post
An unusual question, but I am 6'7''.

On the X5 (or sports cars for that matter), will (1) ventilated seats and/or (2) multi-contour seats reduce headroom in any way?

The thought process being that there may be additional mechanical parts that sit below the seat and reduce the ability to lower the seat.
Multi-contour and multi-contour seats with ventilated/massaging seating are one in the same. Their vehicle mounting point, rails, mechanical lift and H-point (Hip-point) is identical to the standard Sport seats and M Multi-function seats (currently only available for international markets).

The only difference would be the actual size or construction of the seating itself: multi-contour seats are bulkier than standard Sport seats due to the additional upper backrest electronic adjustment and headrest design. The M Multi-function seats are even bulkier and slightly reduce rear leg room due to its design.

Otherwise all 3 seating designs sit neither higher or lower than the others.

I've enclosed examples showing the structure/backs of Multi-contour (with ventilation and massage) and M Multi-function seating.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2