04-16-2023, 06:18 AM   #18
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_drive View Post
I replaced my Q7 runflats with Michelin Pilot Sport All seasons last year. The Good Year runflats on the Q7 were awful tires. So, the ride is almost night and day better with the Michelin in every way.

On the BMW, the Pirelli are much better runflats. I had them on the F15 for 8 years. Switching to non-runflats will definitely improve the hard impacts you sometimes feel on the runflats. Non-runflats are quieter for longer tire life. Runflats have tendency to get loud after about 10-12k miles on them.

I would almost always switch them on my car. With that said, my wife drives the X5 mostly, so, it may be an issue with her if she gets a flat. So, I am debating whether to keep runflats on the X5 when time comes.

You will have to have fix-a-flats and portable air pump with you at all times if you were to switch to non-runflats.
That is what I did, switch to non run flats and keep a BMW fix a flat system. If you do use it, you will need to get a new tire just like you would with a run flat. You can repair a tire after you use the fix a flat. I had non run flats on my previous Cayenne and used a fix a flat once, it was fine…I drove it 20-30 miles with no problems.
Appreciate 0