N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
That's wishful thinking.
What didn’t you understand when I said, tweaking, not changing hard parts, just fiddling with software, possibly minor suspension changes( as in settings) and small changes? Where do I say parts need to be replaced? I didn’t. I used the word tweak numerous times talking about this subject in several threads.

The definition of the word tweak:
improve (a mechanism or system) by making fine adjustments to it.
"engineers tweak the car's operating systems during the race"
synonyms:
adjust · make adjustments to · modify · alter · make
I know people in the in the new car manufacturing business and have a close family member who’s the manager of a car building plant out west. Don’t presume to assume, I understand how it’s done. It happens all the time. Those preproduction cars you mentioned, guess what, they’ll all get the same ‘tweaks’ any other car will get.

Running changes often happen even before a cars are sold. That's the nature of the beast, often times company’s catch something they can easily do to improve a car and it’s a hell of a lot easier, ie cheaper to do it before it leaves the plant then bring it back under recall or before the magazines shred a car for faults once they get ahold of them and sales suffer. It’s common sense.

You believe what you want but don’t try to sell me on what you’re selling, I know better.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-06-2019 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0