Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
I was told that 07/2019.55 is also the latest for my vehicle. If ISTA+ is truly the key (saw similar post from LexxM3 ) are the dealers ignoring the release notice from BMW AG(?), if there's any, possibly to avoid the extra service that they'd have to do?

I'll ask my dealer about the ISTA+ upgrade but this to me is not acceptable.
Dealers are people and people are people: a few are very competent, most get by, and a few are utterly incompetent. It doesn't make rational sense for them to avoid *JUSTIFIED* service under warranty as they get paid by BMW for it, but a) they need justification (hence the common question "is there something wrong" before updates by many) and b) perhaps the margin on an average software update (many of which in the past took longer than scheduled) is lower than other work, or c) stupidity + laziness = incompetence.

Bimmer software updates are likely a hassle for traditional service departments: long/large and too frequent downloads, dedicated higher end (ie rarer and more expensive) trained staff, used up shop programming bays with computers and power supplies (likely required to be indoors due to that), low margins, etc.