Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
"Charging roads" doesn't sound cheap to implement. The cost would be at our expense of course.
Cheaper than climate catastrophe. By a wide margin. The cost of inaction is much, much greater.

I'm not knowledgeable enough in the field to know what the most efficient path out of our predicament is. I do know that the current path we are on is not fit for the purpose
What I was hinting at is this-tearing out the roads to re lay using special pavement doesn't seem realistic or cost effective, even in the face of utter annihilation. Do we have the resources available? Wouldn't something like that take decades to complete? The biggest question of all is will china go all electric?

The positive effects of reducing our footprint are substantially reduced if china doesn't take the same aggressive action. That isn't to say we shouldn't do our part….

I think zero emissions is a bit much and I think mandating no new gas vehicles is a bit much. I'm all for making EV's affordable and charging stations blah blah blah. I just don't like the government telling me I can't buy an ICE if I want one. Over reach is all it is.
Appreciate 1
Retta19.00