View Single Post
      06-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #11
cellarrat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltifrank View Post
If you have Geico insurance you might want to check out their Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. You have to purchase it within 15 months of purchase. My premium is $105 every 6 months. Coverage is good and you can continue it for 7 years or 100,000 miles. There is a $250 deductible.
https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance...own-insurance/
I'd be interested in hearing more about this coverage. The website is uninformative and, indeed, seems purposefully opaque (shocking I know).

The name of the coverage suggests some rather significant limitations in coverage: "mechanical" (as opposed to electrical) and "breakdown" (suggesting coverage is triggered by a stranded-on-the-side-of-the-road experience). The little video on the website however lists "electrical" as a system covered.

If the iDrive brain dies, or any of the other electronic systems crap out, what is the coverage.

I just went through the painful experience of extracting actual policy language from 3 insurance companies for umbrella and homeowners policies; the companies acted like I was nuts actually wanting to see the policy documents before buying.
Appreciate 0