Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cric14 View Post
Nothing on the 45e?
Wow BMW is really lagging in the hybrid/full electric segments!

These are the fastest growing segments in the auto industry with Tesla now passing easily the 3 series as the new leader in the compact segment with the model 3 and continuing to grow.

Mercedes is launching their new GLE with outstanding interior and a full electric SUV coming early next year.

Wake up BMW!!! Fossil fuel is dying and quickly

My $0.02.
When you can fully recharge an electric or hybrid battery in 5 minutes or less, which is the time it takes to fill up my 16 gallon fuel tank, we'll talk.

Until then, I don't see ICE disappearing or being a full proposition for the remaining 99% of the population. We are not there yet.
I disagree with you. Most Tesla cars for example have ~300 miles of autonomy so for the majority of population their cars can be charged at home overnight.

I agree that for taxi or similar heavy use vehicles that run more 300 miles a day, an electric car is still not viable; however, it is an exception and not the rule.

I doubt that less than 1% of people in this forum would drive more than 70 miles per day even. My commute is 24 miles both ways.

BMW needs to wake up since electric is here to stay. Keeping my M3 since it will become a classic pretty soon either because in 5 years most cars will be electric or hybrid and/or because BMW will disappear...
I believe BMW is committed towards the electric route and has promised several offerings for the new decade. We'll see.

I looked into Tesla's but quite frankly they are very expensive cars with shitty build quality and low rent interiors for the money asked. The only one I liked, the Model S, is getting long in the tooth.

I rather have a full EV from a legacy manufacturer that actually understands and practices the intricacies of world class fit and finish (and quality cabins) vs what is still an apprentice in the auto industry with what I perceive to have an attention starved and paranoia driven prima Donna at the helm.
Got it. I agree with you the seats and lack of heads up display are inferior compared to BMW, but overall their quality and price-value equation is quite good. Model S outsells BMW 5 series for quite big margin. Let's see what BMW can do, but launching a new 75k ICE SUV without a hybrid or all electric version does not make me hopeful BMW gets it what is happening right now. They better get their s... together or Tesla will trump over them.
Appreciate 0