01-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerDreamerNYC View Post
Hi guys, just got back from my first decently long drive today (70 miles each way). Overall great car and very comfortable. One annoying thing with the map view during navigation. I had it set in "auto zoom" mode but once I was on the highway it zoomed way out to the 10 mile scale to show the entire remaining route but it's really not a useful scale for the map to be at. Is there some way to reduce this default zoom to remain at the 1 or 2.5 mile scale? Otherwise I can turn off the auto zoom but then it doesn't adjust when approaching a turn or exit ramp etc which is probably worse to me. The dash would normally display a more zoomed in view of the route in which to see the upcoming curvature of the road but that disappears if using the advanced driving view with the adaptive cruise control. Thanks for the tips!
This is by design, unfortunately.

The only work around I'm aware of is to enable split screen mode, and have a second map view zoomed at a fixed distance e.g. 200 or 500m. That way you get the overview and a close up at all times. You can save the split screen on/off as a shortcut, so you can press a button to toggle the split screen on and off.
Appreciate 0