01-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #9
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerDreamerNYC View Post
So music you mean apple music?

How do I save the main home screen in CarPlay? That would be great enough for me.

Ideally what I would like to save to buttons is (again, not sure if this possible):

1) Toggle between auto zoom and fixed zoom (say 1/2 mile scale) in the map. If can't do a toggle then one button for auto zoom and one for fixed zoom.

2) Main home screen in Apple CarPlay.

3) Toggle between phone in CarPlay mode and phone in iDrive mode. I *think* the phone needs to be in iDrive mode in order to utilize my contacts via iDrive (i.e. say something like "hey BMW call Dave") -- though when I put the car into phone in iDrive mode I still am not able to get any of my contacts to populate, so I must be doing something incorrectly, but assuming I could figure that out, a button to toggle the phone in between the modes would be nice (say for when I am listening to the radio rather than streaming music).

As an aside, this car definitely does make me feel a little stupid! But it is not quite intuitive -- just a matter of figuring out how BMW want's us to use it.
Ha I still feel dumb in the car! Not sure about number 1, but for the other 2...

2. Go into the main screen of CarPlay. You can pick either Apple Music or Phone, but as long as it’s at either of those screens you’re fine. Press and hold one of the 1-8 buttons and it should save. To confirm, lightly touch, but do not press the button you just saved (i.e. #3), and at the top you’ll see something like “Phone in CarPlay”.

3. Fairly certain you can still do hey bmw for calling contacts if your phone is still paired as CarPlay. Just make sure your contacts are loaded. Switch Your phone over to iDrive from CarPlay in mobile device settings and you’ll see an option to release contacts. Do that and switch back and test. You should be good to go.
Appreciate 0