View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 07:28 AM   #12
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Ok so I was giving you the wrong info! My apologizes...I was just testing out how I did it again, and here it is...
1. Press MEDIA Button, then hover over Music in CarPlay, then press and hold the 1-8 button you want to assign.
2. Press COMM Button, then hover over Phone in CarPlay, then press and hold the 1-8 button you want to assign.

I do no think you can jump to a third-party app within CarPlay, but assigning via the media button will take you to the main music page, which you can select Spotify from once in. I do not think you can necessary assign a button to switch between carplay and idrive phone. My recommendation, which I did something like this with ambient lighting, would be to assign a shortcut to the Mobile Device Settings with the 1-8 buttons. this way, you can change with the tap of one button and selecting which one you want versus going through the screens. Hope this helps.

I have to ask, what is the difference between asking BMW and Siri to call contacts? I find Siri to be a bit quicker, and handles messaging better for iPhones.
Appreciate 0