13 NF
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50e

Laser Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter11 View Post
I have read (I think) every post in the various laser light threads. My car is USA spec. I paid the $$$ for laser lights. I think I correctly understand that the laser lights will fire up when traveling more than 37 mph, on a very dark road, and when you have the automatic headlights engaged. I have tested the car on a very dark road (which means the auto high beams are already on high) and expected that when I reached about 37 mph that I would notice the lasers fire up. I don't seem to see that. I took my car to the dealer for other service and asked if they would check them. There response was, yes, you have laser lights (pointing to the headlights). They had no idea how they worked. When I told them what the manual says they were perplexed and useless. I am at the point where I will write a letter to BMW to get some clarity on this issue.

For those of us who have NOT coded the car, can you say definitively that you see the lasers fire up (and down) as you move through the 37 mile per hour speed threshold? To me that would be the only way to know that they are on and working. Just saying that the lights are bright and you think they are on is not really answering what I am looking for. And as far as I know, there is no dash indicator light that shows that the lasers are on (suspicious I would say).

My cornering lights did not work when the car was new (common issue) and they did fix that. I am suspicious that Laser does not work either.
Hi
I have just got laser lights on my G05 50d , I have to say they are fabulous, my commute is a mix of back country lanes and motorway and they just make such a difference, they literally hunt down the edges of motorway and country lanes, I am very impressed.
My F15 had auto lights and they seemed to just annoy everyone, these are definitely worth it.
In the uk the nights are drawing in, the other night I was blasting down my country lane, the lights illuminated the edges brilliantly, and picked out a family walking along the country lane well in advance, I was so impressed. It was so good to have that clear early view of the road.
Sorry to hear others aren't so impressed, but I have to say I am, and I haven't annoyed anyone yet either
Appreciate 0