07-04-2018, 07:22 AM   #42
3ToAgree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Right, the BMW dealers are independent businesses not BMWNA, so of course they'll work on your car. They'd work on a honda if you paid them to.

It's when your car parts fail and the dealer is asking BMW to pay for that failed part and service that it gets tricky ... up to a certain point a "mod friendly" dealer will probably not mention mods, but if your car starts getting into major part failures BMW is going to start asking questions, start asking for data, etc. There's an escalation process.

At that point the dealer can either outright lie and fabricate information, or they can tell BMWNA that you're modded. and it's likely, depending on location, the BMWNA will send out an engineer to review the evidence.

If the dealer lies / lied, then they're breaking their contract with BMWNA, so the dealer probably isn't going to lie for you.

And that's when BMWNA will void your warranty without having to prove shit to anyone.
Gruss, your posts are funny as shit and I'm not a a lawyer but would tend to agree with you as to how these issues could play out. In the end, the real dispute I guess would end up with Dinan if something went wrong, then either BMW or Dinan would be obligated to pay as the customer would be holding warranties from both. My guess the first recourse would be to go after Dinan for repayment and let them fight it out with BMW behind the scenes versus going against german engineers.

Another question i have is that these piggy back tunes are easy to remove with what i would guess no traceability. If you had a catastrophic failure, then just remove the tune and bring it in the dealer. If the tune caused the failure, the BMW engineers should see the evidence of such a root cause effect. How would you see this scenario playing out?
Appreciate 0