FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I was looking at the Turbo S times, since you specifically listed Turbo in the name, and that's how Porsche trim levels work (with Turbo and Turbo S being at the top). Another user pointed out that you were referring to a base model 911, since they are all turbocharged nowadays. I've never heard of anyone referring to a base Carrera as turbo before, but I digress. The 7 minute barrier I mentioned is rumored to be broken by the new 992 Turbo S...

I stand by my previous point, lap times mean jack shit to 99.99% of people. Pro drivers have more driving talent in their fingernails than most people have in their entire bodies. Not to mention the fact that it is literally impossible to have all the track / tire / weather / whatever other variables the same for 2 cars, unless they are out on the track at the exact same time on the same day. I've seen C7's get smoked on a track day by Miata's, and those same Miata's have been smoked by a FWD Civic... All of the tuning manufacturers do on the track definitely doesn't translate to it being a better street car.
Sums it up. Most of us will only drive our cars on the street. I took the Hellcat to the drag strip once just to see what it did & make sure the car was not a dud.

I would love to hit some road courses w/the Miata, but that requires $ & time + I have no one to go with so whatever, street it is for me!
Appreciate 0