jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
If you have your car tuned..... you lose your factory warrantee on any breakage that occured due to the tune.

You gotta pay to play. If you're not willing to accept the risk, don't get your car tuned. There is no "magic answer" to tuning a car, and then expecting BMW to honor a factory warrantee if it breaks. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a fool.

There isn't a tuning company on the planet that will warrantee your engine, transmission, rear diff, etc. Not one. BMW has been known to even deny warrantee claims on Dinan tuned cars. If you tune it.... they will find out. Either accept the risk, or don't.

From CarBahn's website:

"If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, [COLOR="red"]CarBahn Autoworks' products are warranted[/COLOR] for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty. The manufacturer's new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. CarBahn Autoworks' warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the CarBahn Autoworks products were originally installed is sold.

If your vehicle is outside of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, for two (2) years from the original purchase date of the CarBahn Autoworks product, CarBahn Autoworks will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective CarBahn Autoworks component. [COLOR="red"]This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been affected by a CarBahn Autoworks component."
[/COLOR]
In other words.... if you break your car.... CarBahn will replace ONLY their "software"..... not the parts.
CarBahn is not like the tune you did at your local shop. I don't say that as a bad thing against your tune. In fact, I am sure your tune is exactly what you paid for and may very well produce a few more hp than the CarBahn tune. How much is debatable, but I would guess the difference is small for a 5k lb vehicle.

With CarBahn, understand that the dealer is the one that actually sends off the DME to CarBahn. My dealer has verified that the warranty WILL be intact. I have this in writing. You need to stop spreading blatantly erroneous information. Here is the exact wording from CarBahn's website for you to inspect.

Quote:
The warranty will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective CarBahn Autoworks' component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer component(s) that may have been directly affected by a CarBahn Autoworks component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts.
This is not my opinion, but what CarBahn explicitly states on their website and my dealer has *in writing* confirmed. Your factory warranty is 100% still in play with a CarBahn tune. You pay the $1,250 extra with the tune and your warranty is still guaranteed. Even many members in my CCA have confirmed that their stuff was covered.

Pay to play is a fact on the tune you bought. New BMW ISTA has assured you of that. CarBahn still retains the warranty (pay the extra $1,250) and that is a fact as well.
Sounds really good if its like that, I am very interested and will just have to see if they have a Carbahn dealer near NYC.

Thank you for the infor
Appreciate 0