View Single Post
      07-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #61
Phil G
Dominator of Deep South curvy roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

So it has pretty much been established, the Porsche driver probably just didn't know what he was doing. I just think that many Porsche drivers don't know how to unleash everything their cars have. Here's another example:

I was driving back home during my lunch break when a 997 Carrera 4S Cabrio zooms up and pulls beside me, checks out my car, then gives the "I wanna go" lurch forward. So I drop it into 2nd and take off. Granted with the car he is driving he should be able to reel me in fairly easily, but he is having a hard time keeping up letting alone chasing me down. I eventually level off and let him pass on by (and to hear the sweet exhaust as he goes by ). I just don't believe he knew how to shift properly, or is that car really just not a whole lot faster than my 335i like I thought it was? I know Road & Track got the Carrera S to 60 in 3.9 sec, could the ragtop and AWD really slow it down that much?
-'07 335i coupe (build date 02/2007) - Space Grey/Black Dakota/Dark Burl - 6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/Heated Seats. Acquired in Munich 3/2007 via European Delivery. 16 years and almost 220k miles of pure joy!
-'06 911 Carrera S - Black/Black - Full Leather/Sport Chrono/Porsche Sport Exhaust/Nav - 80k miles. Acquired 1/2021. One needy old German car just wasn't enough!
Appreciate 0