Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
07/2019 was the very first OTA by BMW and there was bound to be issues with the upgrade process.

The functional issues you described would have happened regardless of delivery method. Not a great experience but RSU not to blame

Any reason the dealership didn't upgrade your missus car to 07/2020.x? Suspect that would fix as its a known issue I believe.
Unknown whether related to RSU or not (and certainly no conclusion to be drawn based on two examples) - I would point out that the issues with spouse's 40i didn't happen with mine, identically configured and equipped, installed OTA as well, and actually within minutes of each other. Spouse's is still at the dealer and they are "working on it." But, according to them, "having problems." So any update to something as complex as software controlling a 2 ton vehicle can have "issues." "Issues" with an OTA update are left to the owner to sort out, hence, not innocuous, and I've actually written code for PCs, so not a novice at replacing software code (just not in cars). The technology is obviously possible, and works. At this point, very apparently not consistently, proof of concept in this case in real world trial.
Appreciate 0