natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0211 View Post
In my area, any car that has access to the trunk from the back seats will very likely be broken in to, even when you don't leave anything in plain sight. Doesn't matter what make or how new or old your car is.

My friend had a milk tea stamp card stolen from his car in broad daylight on a busy street . Thieves have zero regard for people's belongings, doesn't matter what car it is.
But if you want BMW statistics,
My m3, no / my brother's 335i, no / cousin's x3 m40i, no / cousin's 328i, no / multiple friend's m3s, no / friend's x5m, no / friend's i8 and m235i, no
Be smart and stay safe out there people!
Thanks for a great post!

I never would have bought a high-end car if I lived or worked in a busy city in or near bad neighborhoods. I’ve always lived in the suburbs, and now am retired in a rural era small town.

But I also am in a “village” in a cluster of homes - not out in the boondocks with no other homes nearby. I’d never do that either!

We don’t get much crime, but with so many addicts around, many of whom sort of hide out in cheap rural areas, things do get stolen occasionally. And when traveling you really don’t know the area.

We are traveling to a suburb of Atlanta, then on to Memphis and will be staying downtown for a few days in an Airbnb house in a neighborhood.

I actually tried the digital key card today. Worked great, but some of my settings weren’t the same. I’ve got some faraday pouches on order so I can keep the digital key with me during the trip, but will remove it from the car just to be safe, when not driving.
Appreciate 1
s021199.00