Thread: Paint chipping
View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #9
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

egar2099 this post couldn't have come at a better time. I washed my vehicle over the weekend, and noticed a good number of chips. I am under 6,000 miles and don't do much driving on the highway/interstate. With local driving 99% of the time, I would not expect a bunch of chips...let alone the ones down to the primer. I am disappointed in this, but know it'll get blamed as "normal conditions". It's not...my other non-BMW vehicle, which goes on the highway, through construction sites, and gets pretty darn close to other vehicles (gotta drive aggressively on I95!)...no chips like this. I might see more of a "nick" where you can see if if you wash, but have trouble finding it again. Not with this vehicle.

At the end of the day, it's cosmetic, so I'll try to suck it up and touch-up the spots. I've become increasingly interested in going back to a truck after this vehicle. I have a feeling my X5 will look like it has the chicken pox with all these touch ups in another year. I feel your pain brotha!
Appreciate 0