View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #444
Sanchos
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
If it was done by humans or anything created/programmed by humans, absolutely anything is possible. One thing is completely certain however: G05 is 66.56mm hub (not 66.66 as I had imprecisely previously stated), no ifs or buts.

Not everyone is willing to tell shops how to do their jobs, but they should just pull out their electronic vernier callipers and measure everything to get to root cause without guesses. From the sounds of it, one way or another this rim is not going to fit. It could be the bore, it could be adapter rings, it could be bolt pattern, it could be interference with brake calliper, it could be interference with some other part of the wheel well assembly. After root cause is figured out, you can then blame the right parties and figure out how to fix.

Unfortunately these are the kinds of issues one runs into when not either a) buying stock from BMW or b) getting a turnkey shop to do everything as a single responsibility — it makes the vendor 100% responsible for all errors and uncertainties. If it's not a) or b), then you need to do EVERYTHING yourself, including measurements and test fitments before tire mounting — it's a pain, but there is no shortcut and luck is unlikely. I've posted before that there are a lot of moving pieces with custom rims.
So I was really interested to find out what the real issue was. You are correct, a tire shop should tell me what the root cause is (and everyone is saying the centre bore size is 66.56, I even measured it myself and it was correct). I took the vehicle today to a second shop, and they said it will not fit, but NOT due to centre bore size, but due to the brake calipers! The first shop said it was the centre hub size, so they clearly did not properly evaluate the fit. It has the M brake package, so I need to find an alternative.

Any recommendations (in Canada)?
Appreciate 0