View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #22
njguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3

Just to respond. The data was procured from goodcarbadcar.net which posts monthly sales data across different manufacturers. The data I cited was for aggregate bmw USA sales and not just X5 which is consistent with my post.

Based on what you supplied first quarter 2020 compared to first quarter 2019 x5 sales were down 10.69%. Essential a quarter with very little covid impact so cars not exactly jumping off the lot. Year to date x5 sales thru the third quarter are also down. 13.68% year over year based on your supplied data.

I agree there was actually a shortage of cars on lots in July and august due to plant closure in second quarter, lease extensions that were exercised and people delaying purchases until businesses started to reopen in third quarter leading to high demand.

But if you are trying to cut a deal now my point is there are a lot more cars available and don't believe the "shortage" and offers of full sticker or Low ball 5 to 8 percent off. You can get a good deal if you put time in and don't need a vehicle straight away.
Appreciate 0