View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #9
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Can the service department personnel hear it? Or are they claiming they don't hear it and it all checks out normally?

Their is a phenomenon in the very high frequency range that can't be heard by older adults but is excruciatingly annoying to younger adults and teenagers. I worked in IT for a school district and we tested this out with a classroom full of teenagers and it drove them nuts. We adults over 40 couldn't hear a damn thing.

I would be interested to find out if you happen to know what frequency range the noise is in. This could be an issue that might not be detectable by older adults that have lost their hearing in that frequency range. I'm 63 and couldn't hear a thing in your video.

Another example of this frequency range issue is with old CRT monitors. Some would emit this high frequency squeal that no one could hear but younger people in their teens and early 20s. It might be related. I'm not saying you don't have a problem with your vehicle. I'm just saying maybe the service personnel can't hear it.
Appreciate 0