Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
As it turned out the reason I couldn't get OTA upgrade is because of my code changes. This afternoon I again tried checking multiple times in the CD app and in the car and got nothing. So I thought of trying to revert all my changes to stock:

1. VO code with my originally saved stock FA xml. I previously had 5AP removed and added 8TL.
2. In BimmerCode, revert everything to the saved/oldest backup.

Soon after I disabled airplane mode I immediately got the upgrade notification! 👍

The download in the CD app is quick but it took a while to prep/transfer to the car. The actual upgrade after the transfer is about 20-25 minutes.

I now have Spotify and DR is also listed in the supported apps.
That's an interesting correlation. We'll need that to happen a few more times before we can call it highly correlated rather than a coincidence. It would be good to hear similar reports from others.

If it does turn out to be true, that's actually fantastic — it means we have a way to PREVENT OTA updates when we don't want them (bugs, other reasons, etc.)
Yes, theory of a modified FA seems like maybe the most likely correlation here if it turns out to be repeatable. So we're mostly looking for modified FAs and VO codings from others.

I get that you don't have to accept the install. But I bet it will just sit there and nag at you and then, one day, in a moment of weakness ... bam, it's in and there is no going back :-).