View Single Post
      08-20-2018, 07:13 PM   #21
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTSBMW3 View Post
I just got off the phone with my cousin who works on the assembly line at the Spartanburg plant. She gave me some inside scoop on some of the X-5 peculiar delays.

- very recently at the Spartanburg plant there was a fire. The damages completely halted some but not all assembly lines for three weeks. BMW diverted some of the assembly to a plant someplace in Tennessee and things just got kinda' off axis for the X-5 release. They're kinda' in "panic mode". Hopefully they'll get back on track.

- I was also told that everything on the line is being rushed to the extreme now. So much that there's large number of X-5's with "dummy" instrument panels installed instead of working panels, wow. Of course this means mandatory "re-work", as in pulling the dash to reinstall the working panels.

- on the outside of the plant there's a very large parking lot full of vehicles. At first glance the casual passerby would assume these vehicles are ready for delivery to their dealerships. Nope, the parking lot is for X-vehicles needing rework and there are many.

- X-7's are in full-swing, Yay!
You may get your cousin fired
Appreciate 0