Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Will do. Thanks for the tip. It use to be Richmond was a bit tough as well but they have since finished their road constructions and we went around it almost not even noticing. It was beautiful.

Any Floridians want to give me a tip to get from Daytona(i95) to the Disney Properties without going on i4 North Orlando??? That stretch is only the toughest part of Florida. Jacksonville and Daytona are beautiful. Even my massage therapist at the resort just laughed at me and said no one local uses i4. So there has to be a efficient way to get in from the from Daytona to south Orlando.
Speaking as a North Carolinian, there is a way. Actually there are two ways, one goes north of I4, one goes South of I4.
You will need a SunPass, the local Orlando Pass, or the EZ Pass (Which is reciprocal with SunPass)

Your car's GPS may tell you it is quicker on I4, and sometimes that is true. But you will also be in bumper to bumper traffic, go through Orlando construction, and arrive in a nervous state.

The Southern Route:
Get off at Sanford following the signs for Exit 101B SR-417. Follow 417 until you reach the Disney Exits. There is an exit at Epcot Center Drive. Also, there is an exit at Osceola Parkway, which will take you to World Drive and Animal Kingdom. The route will get you around virtually all traffic jams on I4.

There is also a northern route: It is mostly on FL-429 It involves some surface roads, but also some tolls. It is good if there is a traffic jam on I-4 but it clears just north of Orlando. It will put you back on I-4 well south of 417. You get on this route on an exit gate near Animal Kingdom. From Osceola Parkway, take W. Buena Vista Drive to Western Way. This will take you to 429, and let you GPS take over from here. You should rejoin I-4 somewhere near Maitland.

Living in the Northeast, I would assume you have an EZPass. If not, you can easily buy a SunPass transponder.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56244.50