View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #47
GrandMasterKhan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Evo9, '22 X3Mc, Turbo S2000
Location: BMW Southpoint, Durham NC. Dinan/Carbahn authorized Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I seriously don’t understand this discussion. When you buy a performance car like X6M, you look at the powertrain and performance first and foremost. Stuff like ride comfort is easily fixed with aftermarket springs/shocks. Probably 50-70% of all BMW M car buyers will anyway modify their cars and put a piggyback or a flash tune. This is what BMW M buyers do, this is how they roll.
I couldn’t agree more.

I actually really like how the X3M rides. Because I don’t expect it to be plush. I like raw and fast. It actually reminds me a lot of how the Lancer Evo 9 suspensión feels. And that’s why I like it.

If I wanted a soft plush ride I wouldn’t have bought the X3M, I honestly can’t stand a soft fluffy ride. So, I honestly feel BMW engineers know exactly what they are doing when they designed the suspension for the X3M and other M cars. People who don’t like it, are expecting the wrong thing from their M car and should probably buy the M sport version instead.

Ie instead of an M3 they should own an M340 or even a 340 with a M sport package if they want a “nice ride”

And Suv with a sports car suspension is a Foriegn concept to many. So it’s no surprise people think it’s too stiff. But honestly it’s softer and has more control than the Lancer EVO’s stock suspension.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00