View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 03:41 AM   #53
TheStanman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I seriously don’t understand this discussion. When you buy a performance car like X6M, you look at the powertrain and performance first and foremost. Stuff like ride comfort is easily fixed with aftermarket springs/shocks. Probably 50-70% of all BMW M car buyers will anyway modify their cars and put a piggyback or a flash tune. This is what BMW M buyers do, this is how they roll.
That's what you care most about - that's not what all people care about. Personally, I value driving dynamics and sound the most.

Overly stiff suspensions are more about creating the impression/illusion of handling. The best driving (Mclaren, P and F cars) cars have both suppleness and body control. Losing traction from a mid-corner bump is not good handling. I also don't get to enjoy my car if my girlfriend never wants to take it because it's unpleasant to be in

Motortrend's test explicitly stated they were not concerned with performance figures, which is what you care most about. It's not a good test for your criteria.

I agree that's how BMW M buyers roll now. It they return to driving dynamics, sound, and unique components (e.g., dual clutch) then I'll be back.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
LSM1118.00