View Single Post
      05-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #88
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Actually it depends. I find the X5M in Toronto Red or Marina Bay Blue to stand out as much as a sports car would. Even my passengers notice that a lot of people look at my car while I'm driving around. Its a large car sporting a loud color......theirs no way its not noticed.

Echo this ... a clean & shiny Marina Bay Blue X5M (especially with MSS to lower it, and spacers, in my case) turns heads. i actually noticed this a few days ago when waiting for my wife in a parking space at a shopping center ... kids, dads, teens, all seemed to see the car and stare, checking out the front end intakes / grills, 1 guy even crouched down to look at the drilled brake discs / calipers / tyre size ( i assume) without realising i was in the car!

you can multiply that effect 10x on a sunny day, especially when cruising around town with even the stock exhaust humming.

i can't read lips but have seen plenty of elbows being tugged with a "look at that" or "nice car" or similar

none of the above is to show off, just to share that an MBB X5M (Comp in my case) doesn't go unnoticed ... which is perfectly fine with me!