07-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #56
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
So your G05 automatically stopped? I never had any Active Braking engage on our G05. I don't think it's any different than our M2 where a warning pops up and the brakes are pre-conditioned.
It DOES have active braking, you can check the video of the crash test. The frontal collision emergency braking is standard. It works at driving speed - most systems do not work at parking speed though.

But the braking is very late and hard - so it is not easy to test it out in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Looking to get my 90 year old mother a basic Honda Civic LX. The car is $20k and comes standard with these safety features. It has Active Braking.
So does BMW.

Quote:
No different than my X5 not having Experience Modes and Caring Car where as some do. Another disappointment to add to the lack of safety features that basic cars have are the absolutely garbage ventilated seats, the buggy software like the bc button not working and the loss of BT connection causing me to reboot the iDrive 3 to 4 times a week and the lack of luxury features as advertised like Experience Modes and Caring Car that you'd all expect on a $100k vehicle.
Most of the issues above apart from ventilated seats can be solved with an iDrive update. My car does not have any of the issues above, and it has the experience modes and caring car.
Appreciate 0